The Ceriatone Yeti 50 was the second offering in our Hot Rodded Plexi series, and provides a relevant alternative to our Chupacabra.
While still a nod to Jose Arredondo-modified circuits of the late ‘70s and ‘80s, the Yeti is smoother, less compressed, and has more of an upper-mids emphasis than the Chupacabra. Tonally, it’s perhaps a bit more “classic”, although still has the capacity for very modern tones.
As with the Chupacabra, part of what makes the Yeti so fun to play is it’s ability to dial in KILLER tones from all sorts of types of music in a simple format, all the while maintaining it’s own voice and integrity.
Like other Ceriatone amps, we have labored carefully to select the finest components to suit the design, and the Yeti uses our specially designed, custom transformers for superior reliability, frequency response, and feel.
- Cascading gain stage design with individual Gain controls
- 3-way Bright switch on each Gain 1 and Gain 2 controls
- Feel switch adjusts attack and low contour
- Era 3-way switch provides progressive levels of clipping and distortion
- Rear-panel Pussy TrimmerTM allows the player to fine tune compression and saturation
- Presence and Resonance controls adjust the high- and low-frequency content of the power section
- Passive effects loop
- DC heaters for low noise floor