The Ceriatone AFD #35 50 is one of the more uniquely voiced amplifiers in our Hot-Rodded Plexi series.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the top-hatted, cigarette smoking inspiration for this amplifier. Simply put, the tone on that landmark album helped bring back the rock in rock and roll. The tone is aggressive, yet sweet and musical.
Although most closely linked with that album in particular, the tones the AFD #35 provides lend it to all sorts of hard rock tones where both great rhythm crunch and stinging leads are required.
Like other Ceriatone amps, we have labored carefully to select the finest components to suit the design, and the AFD #35 uses our specially designed, custom transformers for superior reliability, frequency response, and feel.
- Cascading gain-stages with individual Gain controls
- 3-way Bright switch on Gain 1 control
- Internal cathode trimmer to fine-tune texture of distortion
- Footswitchable Channels
- Treble, Middle, Bass equalization (shared between channels)
- Overdrive channel with Drive and Level controls
- Post-Phase Inverter MV to maintain tone of cranked amp at lower output levels
- Passive effects loop
- Full/Half Power switch