While we are proud of ALL of our amplifiers, King Kong holds a special place for us at Ceriatone.
The King Kong 50 is the culminations of years of research and building, modifying, and designing British-inspired amplifiers. In a single chassis, King Kong provides righteous tones from the classic late ‘60s, the higher gain tones of the ‘80s, and the more percussive tones of modern music.
Even though King Kong boasts an impressive feature set, as with all of our amplifiers, we have managed to maintain complete tonal integrity. King Kong is just at home playing Hendrix tunes, riffs from “High Voltage”, that one time you tried to learn “Eruption” note for note, or when you tried a 7 string and got lost in a chug trance. We are perhaps most proud of that fact that it excels in ALL areas. The player’s experience is never one of sacrifice (as is common with many feature-heavy modern amplifiers). Just like the best amplifiers, King Kong is an instrument into itself.
Like other Ceriatone amps, we have labored carefully to select the finest components to suit the design, and the King uses our specially designed, custom transformers for superior reliability, frequency response, and feel.
- Channel 1 is an idealized Plexi-type circuit, massaged to match the unique and flexible power section of King Kong
- Channel 2 is a higher gain channel, somewhat similar to our Yeti or Chupacabra amplifiers
- 3-way Bright switch on Channel 1 Gain
- Treble, Middle, Bass equalization for Channel 1
- Era 3-way switch provides progressive levels of clipping and distortion for Channel 1
- Cascading gain stage design with individual Gain controls for Channel 2
- 3-way Bright switch on each Gain 1 and Gain 2 controls for Channel 2
- Feel switch adjusts attack and low contour of Channel 2
- Solo control provides secondary Volume control for Channel 2
- Era 3-way switch provides progressive levels of clipping and distortion for Channel 2
- Channel 2 Volume and Solo modes have individual assignable Era switches
- Rear-panel Pussy TrimmerTM allows the player to fine tune compression and saturation of Channel 2
- Bite 3-way switch controls the frequency of the Presence control, from more standard Plexi tones to thicker, more liquid-like upper mids
- Deep control adjusts low frequency response of power section, which is further fine-tuned with the Character 3-way switch
- Footswitchable Channels
- Passive effects loop
- Full/Half Power switch
- DC heaters for low noise floor